Transfer printing is a simple and effective method for colouring synthetic (or partially synthetic) fabrics. Paint special dye on paper, which when dry you iron onto synthetic fabric. The colour magically transfers from the paper to the fabric, getting much brighter in the process.
This kit contains everything you need to get started, except for the iron and paper. Normal copier paper works just fine, so you won’t need to buy anything special.
- a choice of 3 or 7 colours of disperse dye (if you choose 3, it will be three primary colours to enable you to mix a huge range of colours)
- a variety of synthetic fabrics to experiment with
- a foam brush to paint the dyes on paper
- a strip of medium weight lutradur and a piece of heavy weight vilene to make the book in the videos
- a 4 page instructions booklet, with access to 6 online videos showing how to transfer print, examples of the process and how to make a book from your results.
The papers you paint can be used again and again. All that happens is they get a bit paler each time. So many possibilities for creating unique fabric!
If you have the transfer paints already, you can purchase access to the videos separately.